Chocolate is a favorite of almost any season and celebration. After making chocolate bars and Bonbons for the first time I can honestly day I will never purchase store bought chocolate again. Cocoa is made from the cocoa tree which is grown in the tropics and is one of the most prized trees in the world. The flowers of the plant bloom all year which makes this amazing fruit we all enjoy. I remember as a child harvesting cocoa pods of the trees on our farm in Dominica, Sweating the cocoa beans, putting them out in the sun and then roasting them. Then you get to
3/4 Cup Cocoa Butter
1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
- Measure out the ingredients in mixing bowls.
- Place a dry glass bowl on top of a pot filled with about a few inches of water to create a double boiler. Allow the water to come to a boil, then add the cocoa butter to the bowl, using spoon mix until totally melted and the butter is a liquid solution.
- Add the cocoa powder to the melted cocoa butter solution. Mix the cocoa powder into the mixture using a whisk. Whisk until totally melted and the solutions is now chocolate in color.
- Then add the powdered sugar and whisk until blended into the solution and the powder is completely melted into the mixture. Add the salt, mix together.
- Take the bowl off the double boiler and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before setting in the molds. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, then enjoy.
Farrah was born on the Nature Isle of the Caribbean, Dominica. An island, known for its rich biodiversity, cultural heritage, and extensive centenarian population. Dominica instilled in her a respect for nature, the environment, and the power of healthy living. It is apparent why she became an Environmental Scientist. After much success in her industry, Farrah found a growing need for community-based health education and founded Gaia’s Essence, a lifestyle company for women. Over the years, she has partnered with Fortune 500 companies like; Whole Foods Market, Disney, and OWN. She is the Editor in Chief of Gaia’s Essence Magazine, the producer of the New Year New You Summit, the Gaia’s Essence Women’s Wellness Conference, host of the Beast Mamas podcast, and founder of the Gaia’s Essence Network.
She lives in California with her husband and her two children.