The good news is that you don’t need to make a drastic change in your lifestyle to make a profound difference in your health and life. Here are five quick changes you can start today to get yourself feeling good, looking good, and on your way to lasting changes.
1. If there were only one thing you could do for your health to improve your health, I would suggest you learn how to make and enjoy a daily green smoothie. Green smoothies are the simplest meals in the world to make. You throw everything in a blender and press the button. The possibilities and combinations are endless if you want to be adventurous. Want to lose weight? Eat your greens – adding them to smoothies is a great way to do this!
2. Bodies are made to move. Purposeful movement and physical activity release endorphins throughout our bodies that enhance our sense of well-being and result in weight loss. So get moving!
3. Start decreasing your liquid sugar intake. Many studies indicate our drinking habits more than our eating habits pack on the calories and the pounds. Sugar is proven to slow down your metabolism. Many of us have coffee or tea in the mornings, often with cream and sugar. Later in the day, soda or energy drinks are the go-to to keep going, filled with additives, preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, or artificial sweeteners. Alcohol is full of calories. You may like how you feel momentarily, but do you like how it makes you look?
4. We don’t drink enough of the only drink Mother Nature provides us completely free of charge: water. The functions of water in the human body are vital! Water transports nutrients and oxygen into cells, moisturizes the air in the lungs, increases metabolism, protects our vital organs, helps our organs absorb nutrients better, regulates body temperature, detoxifies, and moisturizes our joints. Start drinking — more water, that is!
5. Introducing new and healthier nutritional choices to your daily routine will automatically “crowd out” the not-so-good stuff. When you start hanging out with better quality foods, you will be in good company. You won’t want to hang around your old foods anymore because you are in a better crowd now. No one has ever said, “What a healthy meal that was; I regret eating this way .” Food changes us. Food changes everything, and food is your friend.
Incorporate these five quick tips for a healthier, sexier YOU!!
Jennifer was born and raised in Long Island, NY. She is a top Real Estate Agent for Keller Williams and truly understands the luxuries of life, with the island’s beautiful seasons, beaches, culture, and diversity. Her creative, enthusiastic, and caring nature allows her to perfectly match clients’ desires for their dream homes. Jennifer is also a Holistic Health Coach and a graduate of the Institute of Integrative Nutrition and works with clients in guiding them onto a healthier lifestyle.