Spinach is very rich in iron and a must have in every home. An excellent green to add to any recipe, smoothie or pastry. Freeze your spinach to store for longer periods and to add to your morning smoothie.
Spinach Pesto Noodles
4 Cups of spinach
1 Cup of water
20 Basil leaves
1/2 medium onion
1/2 cup chopped shitake mushrooms
1 cup or arugula
1 Lemon juice
1/4 cup of Walnuts
Pinch of pink himalayan salt
10 cherry tomatoes sliced ( garnish)
- In a blender or food processor add the walnuts and blend very fine. Then add the water and almost all the ingredients except the tomatoes and blend together into a sauce.
- Saute the chopped onions and mushrooms in 1 tsp. of olive oil.
- Cook the noodles, strain and rest on the side.
- Add the sauted onion, mushrooms and noodles to a large bowl.
- Mix together and top with the fresh tomatoes.
Note: For Oil Free version saute the onion and mushooms with water.
Farrah was born on the Nature Isle of the Caribbean, Dominica. An island, known for its rich biodiversity, cultural heritage, and extensive centenarian population. Dominica instilled in her a respect for nature, the environment, and the power of healthy living. It is apparent why she became an Environmental Scientist. After much success in her industry, Farrah found a growing need for community-based health education and founded Gaia’s Essence, a lifestyle company for women. Over the years, she has partnered with Fortune 500 companies like; Whole Foods Market, Disney, and OWN. She is the Editor in Chief of Gaia’s Essence Magazine, the producer of the New Year New You Summit, the Gaia’s Essence Women’s Wellness Conference, host of the Beast Mamas podcast, and founder of the Gaia’s Essence Network.
She lives in California with her husband and her two children.