Gingerbread is one of my favorite dessert to make especially during the holidays. These cookies are very easy to make and just so crunchy and packed with flavor. The special ingredient, moasses adds heaps of nutriends. Its a healthy sweetener, promotes healthy bones (great source of calcium), and an excellent source of vitamins and minerals ( B Vitamins, magnesium, potassium).
1 pack Vegan Myoko Butter ( 8oz)
1/2 cup Monkfruit sweetener
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
3 cups of flour
1/2 cup of molases
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp fresh ginger ( grated)
1 tsp cinnamon ( powder)
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan Salt
- Remove the butter from the fridge and allow to become room temperature.
- Cut the butter into squares, add the monk fruit into an electric mixer bowl, cream for about 30 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the molasses and ginger and mix into the batter.
- In a glass mixing bowl add the remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Spoon the flour mixture into the batter, repeat the process until all blended into the mixture.
- Remove the batter from the mixer and add to the glass mixing bowl, place in the refrierator for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough in 4 quarters, keep two quarters out of the fridge. Using one quarter at a time flour a smooth surface and roll out the cookie dughg. Once flat, press the gingerbread cookie cutter into the pressed dough and create the shapes.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with a baking mat. Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Remove from the baking sheet and place on a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
Farrah was born on the Nature Isle of the Caribbean, Dominica. An island, known for its rich biodiversity, cultural heritage, and extensive centenarian population. Dominica instilled in her a respect for nature, the environment, and the power of healthy living. It is apparent why she became an Environmental Scientist. After much success in her industry, Farrah found a growing need for community-based health education and founded Gaia’s Essence, a lifestyle company for women. Over the years, she has partnered with Fortune 500 companies like; Whole Foods Market, Disney, and OWN. She is the Editor in Chief of Gaia’s Essence Magazine, the producer of the New Year New You Summit, the Gaia’s Essence Women’s Wellness Conference, host of the Beast Mamas podcast, and founder of the Gaia’s Essence Network.
She lives in California with her husband and her two children.