These vegan cookies are so soft and smooth that you will absolutely love them
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (chilled)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil ( solid )
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup milk ( coconut, cashew, almond)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Place the coconut oil to chill if it was room temperature. Loosely pack and measure the the oil. Avoiding pressing the solid chunks into the measuring cup. Place in the electronic mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar to the bowl, and mix on a low setting allowing the coconut oil to combine to the sugar. (See picture below).
3. Add the milk and vanilla and mix on a low setting. Once blended in add the flour one spoon at a time until it is all mixed in. The consistency should be soft but not sticky to the touch.
4. Add the chilled chocolate chips to the batter and fold in gently. Using a 1/ 4 measuring cup scoop the batter into your hands. Roll into a large ball and place on a cookie sheet lines with craft paper.
5. Bake the cookies in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy with your favorite cup of tea or a cold glass of water or milk.