Vanilla Cake is a favorite of so many and I am so excited to have created this scrumptious recipe. My family and I love making cakes and pastries and this one of a favorite one for us. The best things about this recipe is that you can add anything else to it to make it yours. Love strawberries and chocolate? Add some to the batter for a fruity or chocolate twist. This recipe is extremely easy and can be made within 15 minutes.
1 1/2 cup organic spelt flour
3/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup organic cane sugar
1/3 cup of coconut oil ( room temperature)
1 cup almond milk ( substitute with any vegan milk)
1 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. Pink Himalayan salt
1tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. valilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda to a large mixing bowl. Using a metal whisk mix the ingredients together until well blended.
- In another large mixing bowl add the milk, vanilla extract, oil and vinegar and whisk together. Then add the apple cider vinegar. The mixture should start to bubble and aerate after adding the vinegar.
- Spoon the flour mixture into the milk and whisk until the flour is dissolved, continue this step until all the flour mixture is used. If the mixture is too runny add a few tablespoons of spelt flour until a thicker cake like consistency is obtained.
- Oil and flour your cake tine, pour the batter in and bake for 35 minutes or until slightly golden. Test after 30 minutes with a cake tester or a long fork. Prick and check to see if any batter remains. If the tester or fork is not clean, leave for another 10 minutes then check again. Take out of the oven and allow to cook in the 10 for another 15 minutes. Remove from the time and cool on a cooling rack. Note: If you are icing the cake allow to cool for at least 2 hours. Icing a warm cake will allow the icing to melt and not hold.