Granola is a staple and favorite in almost every home. This vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free recipe is ideal as a snack, topped over your favorite yogurt or as a breakfast cereal. A great source of antioxidants, soluble fibers, omega 3 fatty acids, and magnesium.
Prep Time: 5 Mins | Cook: 15 | Serving Size: 12
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup agave syrup
- 8 tbsp. coconut oil ( omit for oil free version )
- Preheat the oven at 295º.
- Add all the dry ingredients except the cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat warm the wet ingredients then add the cinnamon for about 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat then add to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly making sure the oats are well coated with the agave solution.
- Spoon the granola onto a cookie sheet and place in the oven. After about 5 minutes using a wooden spoon lightly move the granola around on the sheet to evenly toast the oats. After 15 minutes or just about when its starts to get brown remove from the oven. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving or storing away in a airtight container.