Oatmeal banana cookies are a yummy treat that any banana lover will love. A yummy blend of oats and bananas to add to breakfast or mid day snack. Bananas are packed with potassium and probiotics while oats are filled with fiber and are excellent for regulating your blood sugar. When selecting bananas look for the hands which or organically grown.
Prep Time: 5 Mins | Cook: 35 | Serving Size: 2 dozens
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 4 over ripe bananas ( the softer the bananas the more moist the cake)
- 1/3 cup solid coconut oil ( omit for oil free version
- Preheat the oven at 350º.
- Peel the bananas and add to the bowl of your standing mixer or you can marsh by hand with a fork. Add the other liquid ingredients. Mix in using a wooden spoon. (Very important not to over mix your bananas as they will liquify and become too soft).
- Add all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together until well blended. Using a wooden spoon add the dry ingredients to the bananas and fold into the batter using the spoon. When all the dry ingredients are mixed set aside for a few minutes.
- Place a silicon baking mat onto your cookie sheet. Using a teaspoon spoon the batter onto the cookie sheet with space in between for each cookie to expand.
- Set a timer for about about 30 minutes. Bake for the first 25 minutes then check to see if the cookies are golden brown. In 5 minutes take the pan out of the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Cool and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.