This Banana Walnut Berry Bread is a great addition to our Banana Bread collection. It is as simple like any other banana bread with the addition of walnuts and mulberries Biting into the bread is an explosion of flavors and sweet transition into the berries. Bananas are packed with potassium, fiber and probiotics. When selecting bananas look for the hands which or organically grown.
Prep Time: 5 Mins | Cook: 40 | Serving Size: 8
- 1 cup whole wheat flour ( substitute with a gluten free flour of your choice)
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup of dried mulberries
- 1/2 medium chopped walnuts (raw)
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. ground flax meal
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 large overripe bananas ( the softer the bananas the more moist the cake)
- 1/3 cup solid coconut oil ( omit for oil free version)
- 1/4 cup coconut or flax seed milk ( any other type of milk can be substituted)
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tbsp. of water
Directions for making Flax Egg Replacement
Add the 1 tbsp of flax seed meal to a small prepping bowl, then add the water. Mix with a spoon and allow to rest for about 5 minutes. Use when stated in the recipe.
- Preheat the oven at 350º.
- Peel the bananas and add to the bowl of your standing mixer or you can marsh by hand with a fork. Add the other liquid ingredients including the flax egg to the bananas. Mix in using a wooden spoon. (Very important not to over mix your bananas as they will liquify and become too soft).
- Add all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, using a spoon add the dry ingredients to the bananas and fold into the batter using the spoon. When all the dry ingredients are mixed set aside for a few minutes.
- Lightly oil your loaf pan or line with parchment paper to prevent the bread from sticking to the baking pan.
- Add the batter to the loaf pan and place in the oven at about 350 º for 40 minutes. Set a timer and check in about 30 minutes. Adjust your oven if its extremely hot and lower about 10 º. Bake for another 5 minutes then turn off the oven. In 5 minutes take the pan out of the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Then remove from the pan and cool on a rack for another 15 minutes. If the bread is cut too hot it may tend to crumble very easily. Enjoy with your favorite cup of tea anytime of day.