This creamy, smooth split tea soup packs a serious punch. We know it will become one f your favorites!
- 2 cups of green split peas
- 8 cups of water
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 white mushrooms
- 4 shitake mushrooms
- 1 tsp of Gaia’s Essence All Purpose Spice
- Add the split peas and 4 cups of water to a medium size pot on a low fire. Cook for about 30 minutes or until soft. Add more water about 1/2 cup at a time when required. Take off the fire and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Finely chop the mushrooms and garlic and sauté in the olive oil on a medium fire. Set aside to add to the soup later.
- Using a Vitamix add the peas and 1 cup of water. Blend the mixture until very smooth.
- Place the pea mixture back into the pot on a very low fire, add the sautéed mushrooms and the spices and simmer for about 5 minutes. Take off the fire and serve.