Waffles has been a favorite of so many people for centuries. History tells us that the Greeks may have been one of the earliest cultures who enjoyed waffles and even created their own waffle makers. Other cultures like Germany and France are also known for their own contribution to the evolution of one of the most delicious foods we have come to love. I was so excited when I found a maker that I absolutely enjoy using and makes the waffles perfectly! I hope you enjoy adding your favorite fruits, chocolate chips or nuts to your waffles for a personal touch.
3 cups of milk ( lightly warmed)
1/2 cup of vegan butter ( melted )
4 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar ( ACV )
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Pink himalayan salt
2 tbsp. Organic Cane sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla Essence
2tbsp. Ground Flax Mean
4 cups of pastry flour
3 tbsp. cane sugar
3 tbsp. Water
1. Place the milk in a large mixing bowl, then add the ACV and allow to activate for about 15 minutes. Then add the vanilla essence.
2. In a small prep bowl, add the flax meal and water. Stir and allow to set for 5 minutes forming a flax egg.
3. In another mixing bowl add the flour, sugar and salt. Using a whisk sift together until well blended.
4. Pre-heat the waffle to get ready to cook the waffles.
5. Add the vegan egg and butter to the milk solution, then using a spoon add the flour mixture to the milk one spoon at a tome. Fold the flour into the batter. Continue this step until all the flour is mixed.
6. Using a 3/4 measuring cup, pour enough batter to cover one side of the waffle maker. Close and allow to cook for about 3-5 minutes. Flip onto the other side and cook for another 3 minutes or until it click. Flip the naked top front side up, life the handle and remove the waffle. It should be golden brown and crispy.
7. Drizzle your favorite agave on the top with some fresh fruit and enjoy!