Enjoy this simple delishious dish of eggplant, fresh basil and sautéed spices.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/4 tsp. Gaia’s Essence Lemon Dill Spice
- 6 lg. fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of water
- Wash the eggplant and cut in round slices.
- Add the water and steam over a very low fire or roast in the oven for about 40 mins or until very soft.
- Chop 4 basil leaves and set aside for later. (Keep 2 for garnishing the dish).
- In a skillet over a medium fire add the eggplant, chopped basil and spices. Once the herbs and spices are warmed add the eggplant. Sauté for about 5 minutes then take off the fire.
- Plate the dish and garnish with the remaining basil.